For this week’s episode, I sat down to speak with my colleague and friend Robert Bailey, a professional astrologer based in Canberra, Australia, to talk religious upbringing, learning medieval astrology to impress a girl, the precarious work of discerning new ways forward after life-altering junctures, and finding one’s way back to the religious tradition of youth after taking a long detour. This episode was an absolute treat to record and I’m sure you’ll find it delightful.
The discussion winds a trail through such delights as:
- Growing up Christian in Australia
- Good parenting choices
- the Picatrix & really expensive psychoactive magic
- William Lilly and Christian Astrology
- Culturally bound critiques of astrology
- biblical studies razzle-dazzle
- and much more!
This week’s bonus episode: Astrologers Grok the Bible, exclusively for our Patreon patrons!